Basic Envelope Package
Basic Envelope Package
What it is: analysis of the design as it is, based on Client's own assemblies and junctions, local climate conditions and building use;
Goal: improve energy efficiency and moisture management of building for better health, higher performance and durability, and lower liability;
- Site-specific Custom Climate Data - 1 data set;
- Dynamic Moisture Analysis (WUFI) - 3 assemblies, up to 4 variants each;
- Thermal Bridge Analysis (2D) - 5 pieces;
- Window/door installation analysis - 1x window; 1x door.
Detailed description: The basic envelope package is aimed to improving standard construction practices in terms of energy efficiency and moisture management, yielding healthier, more durable buildings. Within the limits of a standard project budget, there can be substantial improvements to the quality of the thermal envelope, resulting in higher performance at comparable cost, as well as a more appropriate management of moisture in the assemblies and their junctions, according to local climate conditions and building use. Based on the analyses carried or, guidance is provided on how to improve thermal insulation, air tightness, managing thermal bridges (wether eliminating them whenever possible, or mitigating them), achieving appropriate moisture management and avoiding mold and condensation.
What documentation we need: precise location of the project, design assemblies including materials and membranes, vector drawings of junctions (if available).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All copyrights on analyses remain with Emu - do not copy and/or distribute;
- The Client will provide design documentation for the assemblies and junctions in a standard vector format (.dwg or .dxf files), including descriptions of material used. If the documentation is not available, it can be developed by Emu at an additional fee;
- The performance values of the materials (R/in value or λ value) used in the calculations come from standard Emu libraries;
- Manufacturer/supplier of the selected windows and doors is required to provide detailed documentation of all profiles used (typically: bottom, side, top, mullion etc.), in a standard vector format (.dwg or .dxf files), including description and performance of the materials used. Manufacturer/supplier is also required to provide detailed information about the glazings (assembly, gas fill, emissivity of low-e coatings) and of the glass spacers (brand and model used, detailed data for 2-box modeling, type of sealants);
- actual performance of assemblies and junctions, including air tightness, thermal performance, moisture management, absence of mold and/or condensation and durability depends on the proper installation of all components on site;
- unless otherwise specified, all analyses imply a maximum internal relative humidity of 50%;
- package includes 1x ECU011 site-specific custom climate data set; 3x ECU122 dynamic moisture analysis for assemblies, up to 4 variants each; 5x ECU111 / ECU211+221 assembly / thermal bridge analysis (2D), including analysis of repetitive elements in insulation; 2x ECU252 window/door installation analysis, no variants included.